Sadly, suffering is a fact of life. At one point or another, to one degree or another, you will face suffering. Suffering will consume your being.
How do we develop a theology of suffering?
Read and study. Here are resources to help you in your pursuit of a good foundation in the theology of suffering.
- If God Is Good: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil by Randy Alcorn (Kindle edition)
- When God Weeps by Joni Eareckson Tada (Kindle edition)
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God by John Piper and Justin Taylor (Kindle edition)
- Kindle edition)
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go: Facing Death with Courageous Confidence in God by David Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Richard Baxter, Nancy Guthrie and John Piper
- A Lifetime of Wisdom: Embracing the Way God Heals You by Joni Eareckson Tada (Kindle edition)
- Why, O God?: Suffering and Disability in the Bible and the Church by Larry J. Waters, Roy B. Zuck, Randy Alcorn and Joni Eareckson Tada (Kindle edition)
- Disability and the Gospel: How God Uses Our Brokenness to Display His Grace by Michael S. Beates and Joni Eareckson Tada (Kindle edition)
- The God I Love: A Lifetime of Walking with Jesus by Joni Eareckson Tada (Kindle edition)
- Glorious Intruder: God’s Presence in Life’s Chaos by Joni Eareckson Tada (Kindle edition)
Do you have other books and resources? Please share!
Don’t You Dare Be Caught Rejoicing with Those Who Weep, an interview with Joni Eareckson Tada and Marvin Olasky.