Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit,with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak. ~Ephesians 6:10-20
- “Having fastened on the belt of truth” – Jesus is the Truth
- “Having put on the breastplate of righteousness” – Jesus is our Righteousness
- “As shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace” – Jesus is our Peace
- “Take up the shield of faith” – Not just faith but Jesus is the foundation and cornerstone of our Faith
- “Take the helmet of salvation” – Jesus is our Salvation
- “The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” – Jesus is the Word of God made Flesh
The Gospel (i.e. Jesus and His birth, life, fulling of the law, death, burial and resurrection) changes everything.